For this project our repeat client purchased an older 1980's style home and wanted a complete makeover to a modern sleek style. Here's what we did that delighted our client once again.
- Filled and leveled the sunken living room creating a uniform floor that matched the rest of the house.
- Transformed an oddly placed sitting area off of the entry way into a much more useable space by closing it in to create a study.
- Replaced Saltillo tiles with large porcelain tiles in the main traffic areas and dark hardwood in the living and dining areas.
- Smooth finished the walls and painted a cool white color to highlight the eclectic furniture and art.
- Updated large brick columns that were carried through the living room and entry. Maintaining this structural element yet provided a modern look.
- Updated the large brick fireplace by smooth finishing and adding a stone veneer that changed the profile and gave a warm feel to the living and dining rooms.
- Redesigned the dated 80’s wet bar so it was no longer a focal point of the room yet still provides easy access to both the living and dining room and provides ample counter space.
We really loved the outcome of this project, taking an intriguingly designed older home and bringing it into the 21st Century.
“This is the second house that we have remodeled with Botond's help and we would not have purchased it without knowing we had someone like him to help us realize our vision. We had not yet closed on the house before he met with us to discuss our plans and ideas. He understood what we wanted to achieve immediately and provided great ideas and feedback. Botond is more than our contractor. He is our consultant, designer, master craftsman and friend. We will continue to call on him for our future projects and recommend his services to others.”
Doug and Michelle J., North Dallas