The goal for this project was to make the kitchen the focal point of the home as a gathering place for friends and family. We made it happen by:
- Transforming the physical space by removing a load-bearing wall and adding beams to support the upstairs subfloor.
- Relocating the laundry room to an attic location. (Note: add link here to the story above).
- Replacing a large water-heater with an on-demand unit, saving both space and electricity costs
- Upgrading and rerouting electrical, plumbing, and HVAC, which made space for the installation of custom-made cabinets and hand-scraped walnut floors.
- Installing large energy-efficient windows to bring in natural light.
- Adding polished nickel lighting fixtures that accent the large farmhouse sink.
- Installing a solid slab of white Danbi marble on the island in the middle of the kitchen to provide a great gathering place for the family and entertaining guests.
- Placing a smaller vegetable sink within the island for easy access while cooking treats on the stove. Plus, it can be filled with ice to hold drinks during parties.
This project allowed us to bring so many improvements to the home and our client was delighted.
“Thorough job worthy of a luxury custom house builder. Botond and his team were intimately familiar with all aspects of the project and nothing escaped the careful scrutiny and attention it deserved.”